25 Fighters From Assad’s Forces Killed in the Latakia Countryside
The attack bears similarities to an attack by Hayyat Tahrir al-Sham, which was carried out last year reports Enab Baladi
Twenty-five members of Assad’s forces were killed, including eight officers, during an attack by rebel groups on their positions in the northern Latakia countryside.
Loyalist networks on Facebook on Jul. 10, 2018, mourned Captain Eissa Idriss, First Lieutenant Fatir Hussam Khaddour, First Lieutenant Alaa Khalid Afrazit, First Lieutenant Ghiath Mulham, Lieutenant Ali Marwan Ali, Lieutenant Alaa Habboush, Lieutenant Abdul Hanan al-Samar, as well as 17 fighters at the rank of conscript.
The networks said that they were killed during an attack carried out by rebel groups on the village of al-Kiliz in the Jabal Turkman area in the Latakia countryside.
No opposition group has claimed the attack so far. Last June, Hayyat Tahrir al-Sham killed nine officers on the Jabal al-Akrad axis in the Latakia countryside as well.
Syrian regime media gave details of the attack.
This article was translated and edited by The Syrian Observer. Responsibility for the information and views set out in this article lies entirely with the author.
if you think the article contain wrong information or you have additional details Send Correction
- Eight years under Hezbollah’s rule: al-Qusayr today
- Syria’s tycoons getting richer a year after Caesar Act enaction
- Syrian efforts await release of detainees with help of international powers
- Wafa Telecom: Asma al-Assad pulling the rug out from under Rami Makhlouf
- The guard is also the thief: Why is Russia so interested in the Syrian cultural heritage?