“National Front”: We Monitored Load of Chemical Materials Transported by Syrian Regime to Rural Hama
The “National Front for Liberation” stated that it monitored a convoy of vehicles loaded with barrels, carrying chemical materials, transported by the Syrian regime from Damascus to rural Aleppo.
In a statement published by the official spokesperson of the “National Front,” Naji al-Mustafa, today, Wednesday (August 29), he added that the barrels, ten in number, exited from “Brigade 155” (surface-to-air missiles brigade), near Damascus, last week at night and arrived at the area of Salamiyah at the same night.
Al-Mustafa added that the vehicles were unloaded in the warehouses of Kaytalun, four position within the mountains, after which they were taken to an unknown location, which is expected to be near the School of Tracked Vehicles.
The “National Front’s” statement followed the Russian’s promotion for a chemical attack in Idlib governorate in the upcoming days, alleging that it will be implemented by the opposition factions and the “Civil Defense” organization.
Today, the official news agency “Sputnik” quoted the head of the Russian Reconciliation Center Maj. Gen. Alexei Tsygankov as saying that members of the “white Helmets” have transported a massive load of toxic materials to a warehouse in the city of Saraqib, which “Ahrar al-Sham” runs.
The statement was preceded by Russian accusations that targeted the “Civil Defense” Teams (White Helmets) of implementing a chemical attack against Kafr Zita and Jisr al-Shugur in rural Idlib.
Al-Mustafa said that the Russian statements are completely false and “ridiculous.” However, they carry dangerous indicators.
He added that the Russian side, along with the Assad regime, began to implement the traditional steps that precede chemical attacks against civilians, as it did in the countryside of Idlib and eastern Ghouta, considering that the majority of the attacks were documented and some of them were officially condemned by the international community.
According to al-Mustafa, the fact that the Syrian regime and Russia’s media campaign about the chemical weapons coincide with the regime’s on-ground movements warn, almost definitely, of the regime’s intention to launch a new chemical strike against civilians under Russia’s supervision in preparation for its military operation in Idlib and its surrounding.
Last week, the United States warned Russia against using chemical weapons in Idlib.
U.S. National Security Advisor John Bolton said that U.S. communication with Russia did not include any understanding concerning Assad’s attack against opposition fighters in Idlib.
In an interview with “Reuters,” he added that America has warned against the usage of any chemical or biological weapons in the governorate.
In an interview with Enab Baladi on Tuesday, the director of the “Civil Defense” Raed al-Saleh said that the latest Russian accusations about chemical attacks against Idlib are a pretext for them to utilize these weapons in the area.
Al-Saleh explained that the Russian movements regarding the issue of the chemical attack against Idlib are similar to those applied in the chemical attacks on Khan Shaykhun and the city of Duma in eastern Ghouta.
According to al-Saleh, the “Civil Defense” teams will be doing their best in case chemical weapons are used by the regime in Idlib.
Nonetheless, he pointed out that they lack “needed tools” to combat the attacks.
if you think the article contain wrong information or you have additional details Send Correction
- Artifacts looted from Syrian national museums seen in the office of a Lebanese official
- Hayat Tahrir al-Sham guards “virtue” by imposing restrictions on women in Syria’s Idlib
- Rifaat al-Assad returns to Syria: a deal or an escape from justice?
- Is Idlib at the threshold of military confrontation or a Turkish-Russian land swap deal?
- Aleppo countryside teachers protest low wages