Nusra Raids Radio Fresh in Kafranbel, Arrests Prominent Peace Activists
Hadi Abdullah and Raed Faris among a number of activists detained by Nusra Front after a raid on the radio station early Sunday
Nusra Front fighters raided the headquarters of Radio Fresh in the city of Kafranbel, Idleb, arresting a number of media activists in the city, a local source revealed to Enab Baladi.
According to the source, who asked not to be named for security reasons, the Nusra fighters carried out the raid at 7:00 am on Sunday. After gathering the activists inside a room, fighters then began destroying and seizing the equipment and personal possessions of the detainees on the grounds the group did not permit media in the city.
Among the activists that were arrested were Hadi al-Abdullah and Raed Faris.
The source said the fighters threw a revolutionary flag on the ground and ordered the activists to stomp on it.
Ghalia al-Rahhal, manager of the Mazaya center in Kafranbel, published news of the raid on her official Facebook page and confirmed the arrests of Abdullah and Faris.
Raed Faris is one of the most prominent faces of the Syrian revolution and has contributed to painting a different image of his city, Kafranbel, which has become a symbol of non-violent resistance in Syria.
This article was translated and edited by The Syrian Observer. Responsibility for the information and views set out in this article lies entirely with the author.
if you think the article contain wrong information or you have additional details Send Correction
- Eastern Euphrates region back to scene as Turkish military moves shuffle cards in region
- Idlib is hostage for two guarantors... Who will claim victory?
- Stolen furniture of rural Idlib is sold at loot markets of Homs
- Turkey establishes new observation post in Termanin town in northern Idlib
- Three Turkish military operations in Syria… big countries supporting parties against Ankara’s wishes