Best of 2016: Bodyguard of President Assad’s Wife Killed in Car Bombing
A car bomb in Damascus has killed Alaa Makhlouf, bodyguard of Asma Assad, wife of President Bashar al-Assad, loyalist Facebook pages reported.
Makhlouf’s friends posted details of his death on his Facebook account, with some comments stating he was killed on the Damascus-Suweida highway near Shabaa on Saturday, June 4. Users claimed the bodyguard was shot before the bomb exploded inside his car.
Facebook users said Makhlouf was well known in the humanitarian field and worked closely with the First Lady’s team, following the work of all the national groups.
The anti-regime Free Alawites Movement issued a statement claiming responsibility for the attack.
This article was translated and edited by The Syrian Observer. Responsibility for the information and views set out in this article lies entirely with the author.
if you think the article contain wrong information or you have additional details Send Correction
- Ninth explosion in Syrian capital Damascus and its countryside since beginning of 2020
- Syrian government claims Israel’s targeting of Latakia port is aimed at Syrians’ livelihood
- Displaced people in northwestern Syria continue to struggle despite winter assistance
- Syria’s wheat crisis foreshadows a famine
- Syria's Arnaut… Integration into Syrian society and preservation of Albanian identity