UK envoy to Syria says reports of Russian strikes on civilian areas constitute a violation of the UN-backed cessation of hostilities agreement
Russian Warplanes Continue to Target Deir-ez-Zor Civilians: Monitor
A number of civilians were killed and others were wounded in the city of al-Mayadin in the Deir-ez-Zor province on Sunday, June 26, during raids carried out by Russian warplanes.
Activists from the province said that at least two people were killed during the strikes while the number of casualties is expected to rise as some remain in critical condition.
Russian warplanes also carried out a massacre of civilians in the town of al-Qouriyeh east of Deir-ez-Zor, while the number of victims according to activists reached over 82 civilians, most of them children.
Warplanes have carried out raids on dozens of areas in the province, focusing on populated areas, as rights monitors have noted.
Broad parts of Deir-ez-Zor are under the control of the Islamic State group, and warplanes of the US-led international coalition, Syrian regime and Russia have alternately targeted the group since the start of the year, in the shadow of the difficult humanitarian and security situation under which the remaining residents live.
This article was translated and edited by The Syrian Observer. Responsibility for the information and views set out in this article lies entirely with the author
if you think the article contain wrong information or you have additional details Send Correction
- Profitable business at Syrians’ expense: Visa brokers in Lebanon, Turkey
- Caesar Act burdens more pressure on Syrians; unable to ‘overthrow’ al-Assad regime
- Bombing US garrison at al-Tanf is a Russian warning, not only a “message”
- SDF readiness to ally with Syrian regime raises concerns in eastern Euphrates
- Al-Jolani’s strategy, US-led Coalition strikes exhaust Hurras al-Din group