ISIS Releases 16 Assyrians in Hasakah
Islamic State released 16 Assyrians on Friday 29 January. They included 4 women and 10 children.
ISIS kidnapped them during carried out attacks on Tell Tamer City, majority Christian Assyrian populated town in Hasakah countryside, in February 2015.
Legalist and activist, Sidar Har Ami from Tell Tamer explained that ISIS released a number of kidnapped Assyrians by rounds including this one. There are still 43 kidnapped Assyrians.
Sidar told Enab Baladi the mediations and contacts with ISIS is ongoing in order to release the rest of the kidnapped since legalists endeavors in the region ‘have succeeded to release significant numbers of kidnapped.’
ISIS had carried out attacks in villages and towns in Hasakah Governorate. The most violent of which was in Tell Tamer Town, last January, when ISIS targeted the town with three explosive vehicles that killed around 50 civilians and caused tens of injured.
if you think the article contain wrong information or you have additional details Send Correction
- Saudi attempt to withdraw Damascus from Iran’s subordination
- Four countries override Russia’s veto to bring aid into northern Syria
- Tahrir al-Sham tests Turkey over a strategic crossing; Ankara halts HTS greed
- Syrian economy is without vision or strategic plans
- Decrees for detainees .. without including them Syrian detainees off legislators’ table